IT Support Specialist
Virtual DataWorks is a growing Managed Service Provider (MSP) in Northeast Ohio with a mission to leverage technology to positively impact businesses. As an MSP we become an extension of our client’s staff and take the burden of technology off the small business allowing them to focus on what they do best.
Virtual DataWorks is looking for a Technical Support Specialist that is enthusiastic and passionate about assisting clients with technical problems.
- Answer, evaluate, and prioritize incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from clients experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, server and other computer-related technologies.
- Troubleshoot Microsoft Windows and Office
- Troubleshoot Network, VOIP, Internet Issues, Peripherals (Printers, Scanners, and other devices)
- Provide support for backups, antivirus, web filtering, and spam filtering
- Provide support for common business applications (ERP, Emails, etc.)
- Provide support for common IT tasks (password resets, new user setups, etc.)
- Provide end user training for common support requests
- Travel on site to customer’s location when physical support is required.
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in IT
- Associate degree (Bachelors preferred) in Computer Science, MIS or related technical field preferred
- Certifications a positive – A+, MTA, Network+
- Must have excellent customer service skills along with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must demonstrate organization and prioritization skills to manage time and have effective decision making and problem-solving skills
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate technical issues both internally and externally
- Ability to lift standard computer equipment
- Reliable transportation
- Maintaining a clean and organized office work space
ExperienceA minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in IT
EducationHigh School and Associates Degree
License or CertificationCertifications a positive – A+, MTA, Network+