Part Time IT Help Desk Technician – Entry Level
Virtual DataWorks is looking for Entry Level IT Help Desk Technicians that are enthusiastic and passionate about assisting clients with technical problems.
This is an entry level position. The ideal candidate is perusing or planning to peruse a professional career / degree in the Information Technology field.
The IT Help Desk Technician is responsible for providing primarily remote end user support. This role is responsible for documenting procedures and managing incidents to resolution or escalation to a more senior team member. This role is also responsible for keeping current on technologies to provide effective support for the desktop environment.
This role will provide an entry level candidate real world experience within the Information Technology field with the ability to learn and grow as a professional by working with a high energy, forward thinking team.
- Provide remote desktop support for end users’ workstations
- Troubleshoot Microsoft Windows and Office current versions
- Troubleshoot Network, VOIP, Internet connectivity problems, peripherals (printers, scanners, and other devices)
- Troubleshoot PC’s using diagnostic software
- Provide support for backups, antivirus, web filtering, and spam filtering
- Provide support for common line of business applications (ERP, emails, etc.)
- Provide support for common IT tasks (password resets, new user setups, etc.)
- Document, track, and monitor support requests and provide timely feedback to end users during and upon resolution
- Other duties as assigned
- Organizational and time management skills with strong attention to detail
- Written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Working knowledge of internal PC components
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Ability to work independently and in small teams
- Ability to learn and retain information
- Maintaining a clean and organized office work space
Salary$12-$15 per hour
ExperienceIT Help Desk: 1 year (Preferred)
License or CertificationOhio Drivers (Required)
ShiftsMorning, Afternoon, and Mid-Day